Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hudson’s Birthday

This pregnancy was so much different than mine with Ava. This one was {almost} routine, and had I not had a previous c-section, we could have done this one naturally {and when I say naturally, I mean “me pushing a baby out”…not “without drugs.” Give me that epidural!} Anyway, since Hudson’s due date was December 27th, we scheduled the c-section for December 17th…for many reasons.

Of course, this being my first “scheduled” c-section, I was anxious and excited and didn’t sleep a wink the night before. Not even 1 minute…and it didn’t help that I was having tons of contractions. We had to be at the hospital at 5:30 am for a 7:30 am surgery, so in true Cardwell form we left the house at 5:20 giving us 10 minutes to make a 15 minute drive. Thankfully we got there in time, and we got all set up in our little triage room.

my last few minutes being pregnant

DSC05248

Proud daddy

DSC05247

Dr. Mac (the best ob/gyn ever!) came in around 7 to say hi, and then my nurse took me back around 7:30. And at 7:55 am on December 17, 2010, Hudson Dempsey Cardwell was born!

DSC05249

DSC05262 

He weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 18.5 inches long. (when he was measured at his pedi’s office 4 days later, he was 20 inches long, and I know he didn’t grow 1.5 inches in 4 days!)

DSC05264b

Love at first sight

DSC05265

After we spent a little time in recovery, we were wheeled to our room where Hudson got to meet his family! The absolute sweetest, most wonderful moment of my life as a mommy was seeing Ava meet her baby brother for the first time.

 DSC05271 DSC05282 IMG_1493

IMG_1483 DSC05292

No comments: